15 Business Process Automation Terms
Business process automation, or BPA for short, is a method of streamlining and optimizing business processes by replacing manual tasks with automated systems. It involves using technology to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance productivity within an organization.
- Business Process Automation (BPA) – Refers to the use of technology and software to automate repetitive tasks in business processes, leading to improved efficiency and productivity.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – A form of BPA that uses software robots or bots to mimic human actions in completing routine and rule-based tasks.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – The simulation of human intelligence processes by computer systems, including learning, reasoning, and self-correction.
- Machine Learning – A subset of AI that involves computers being able to learn and improve from data without being explicitly programmed.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) – A branch of AI that enables computers to understand, interpret, and manipulate human language.
- Workflow Automation – The automation of specific workflows or tasks within a larger business process, often involving multiple systems and applications.
- Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA) – A type of RPA that interacts with the user’s desktop environment to automate tasks such as data entry or copying and pasting.
- Business Rules Management (BRM) – Refers to the ability to define, manage, and execute business rules or policies within an automated system.
- Business Process Management (BPM) – An approach to managing and optimizing business processes through continuous analysis and improvement.
- Low-Code/No-Code – Platforms that enable users with no coding experience to build custom applications and workflows using visual interfaces and pre-built modules.
- Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) – A cloud-based platform that enables the integration of different systems and applications through pre-built connectors.
- Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) – The real-time tracking, monitoring, and analysis of business processes and activities for performance optimization.
- Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) – A type of cognitive automation that uses AI to extract data from unstructured documents, such as invoices or contracts.
- Process Mining – The use of data analysis and visualization techniques to understand and optimize business processes.
- Chatbots – AI-powered virtual assistants that can interact with users in natural language and automate tasks such as customer service or support.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – An integrated software system that manages and automates various back-office functions such as accounting, inventory, and human resources.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – A tool or platform that helps businesses manage and automate interactions with customers throughout the customer lifecycle.
After diving into the world of business process automation, you may have come across a few terms that you’re not quite familiar with. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are 15 commonly used business process automation terms and their definitions to help you navigate this exciting field.